I am in the lucky position of having the program installed on my work laptop, which overcomes the first hurdle of the program: the large price tag. It is a professional suite for film editing though so I shouldn’t be too surprised. I tried yesterday to open the program up and ‘mess around’ a little in the hopes that it is one of those programs you can figure out the basics of on your own. I was in error.
It is not overly complicated, but certainly has many more options and tools than the humble iMovie have. It also makes the fans on my poor little laptop kick in to such a high speed that I fear my computer may actually take off in flight!
![]() |
| Tutorial #1 |

Lionel,
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely going to love Final Cut Pro. It is a more robust video production software that totally blows away iMovie, in my opinion. I ended up having to learn this program back when I was going through my bachelors in Computer Animation and I still find that I go back to it when I want to do more unique and visually engaging things to a podcast or video. It does have a bit of a learning curve on it due to all the things it can do, but once you get a handle on it, you will find that you will want to do almost all your podcasts in it. Final Cut also can link with LiveType, another wonderful program, so you can create some really spectacular opening sequences. I am glad you are taking the plunge and working with this tool as I know you will be quite satisfied when you learn it fully!