Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE6_Behind The Digital Curtain!

 Ok – in reflection this was a very challenging assignment – made that way by my very technical selection.  I do feel that I have really gotten a good start on understanding a very deep topic and am prepared now to head back into Final Cut Pro with a new array of understanding of what is actually going on.  Mr. Jordon does have a very even voice that made it challenging at times to keep focus, and I would have enjoyed more graphics through out the course – but if you can make it through it contains the seeds of knowledge that any further growth in video will find necessary.

Of note, in one of the final chapters – there is a section on Digital Audio.  This is, as Mr. Jordon says, a very deep subject on its own, and he only briefly touches on some of the aspects.  However, with that being said I would again urge you to give a watch to Waveforms in particular as well as the section on Bit Depth – as both are something that will help in our modest level or work within our video projects.  If you make it through those – also note the section on Reference Tone Levels and setting the appropriate audio levels – as both help explain some of the aspects available to improve the sound on your podcasts.

I would have liked a bit more on how to mic and record some of the audio – especially my most challenging area personally – outdoor recordings.  However, I feel the scope of the course, as a whole was more a foundation on how it all works – as opposed to the technical, gritty aspects.  It was a great foundation and a worthy investment of my time!

From the uber useful Waveform chapter - watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment