This post may seem a bit late in the game for my first one but I’ve put a lot of thought into our week 4 project and wasn’t really able to decide until the start of this week what I felt I wanted to do. There were pro’s and con’s to each of our options – while I don’t know of any particular conferences for education that I might present at I am a strong presenter and able to deliver my message in a clear and usually entertaining manner. With some research places to present could be found of course and then it was a matter of putting my research together into something others would want to see.
Publishing though – eek – I think I actually shuddered when I looked over that choice. APA formatting and then being concise enough with your idea and ARP that you can nail everything into a tight 2000 words! It would be a challenge, I write well but have issues with passive voice use and, being honest here – APA requirements as a whole [past tense AND third person…ugh]. The plus side is that most of the material is there, you just need to hammer it into being.
“Well Lionel – clearly you chose presenting! That should be fun!” Alas no – I felt that in order to finish this all up to a degree of effort I’m satisfied with that I need to push forward and try to get my results published. I have spoken at small conferences before and it gives a great rush and pleasure in being able to share with others your work – I have never been published though and would like to be able to have that as the culmination to my year of work and research. So now to dig into the various journals and see which ones would be the best fit! Wish me luck, I know I’ll need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment